Photography was first the creative outlet I was searching for, then it became my connection to others and the world around me, and without knowing it, it became my healer and voice. It took me on inner journeys; struggling to navigate the sometimes vague and rough landscapes of my life, relationships and personal issues, all the time wishing my future will come into focus of a happy fulfilled life. The healing, liberation and transformation it brought were a side product of photography that I did not anticipate. Moments of standing in awe of the beauty of life, people, and places and the privilege to capture that, not only with my camera, but also with my soul have been enriching and life giving.
The fears that run our mental/emotional beliefs to fully express our creativity through photography or any other creative medium can be anything like:
- lack of confidence to put yourself out as a photographer
- feelings of not worthy enough to be called a photographer
- insecurity about the quality of your work and knowledge of your camera and post-processing skills
- anxieties, depression or other life challenges that keep you from fully enjoying your photography and engaging with others
- and more
Once we realise the healing and transformative qualities of photography we can utilise it for a better quality of life, more enriching experiences and soulful artwork.
- What is keeping you from fully living your life?
- What is keeping your from being fully engaged in your photography?
- What can you do now to take a step in changing how you feel about your life and photography?
Action Steps to Take:
- Answer above questions honestly
- Take out your camera, become mindful and shoot something that your eye caught
- Process it and write something about the image or process
- Share it with me in the Reply below
- Book your place on the Photography as a Healing Art Retreat September 2019
PHOTOGRAPHY AS A HEALING ART RETREAT